YES! Yes, yes, yes, a thousand times yes.
A practitioner isn’t supposed to have favorite clients so SSSSHHHHHHHH, this is just between us — but some of my favorite clients are children. There are so many benefits to helping them understand how their mental, physical, emotional and energetic systems work together.
Reiki can help children with pain management and stress relief, just like adults. I’ve also used Reiki for young clients to help address some of these symptoms:
- Night terrors/nightmares
- Overwhelm and nerve pain from sensory processing conditions
- ADD/ADHD overwhelm
- Help processing the death or loss of a trusted adult
- Help managing strong feelings during times of change in the home, such as a divorce or a move
- Trauma recovery from accidents, such as car accidents, choking incidents, etc.
One key to effective healing for children is to help them feel safe, and that starts with letting them know they have choices. For instance, I let my kid clients:
- choose if they want their grown-up in the room or not
- choose whether to lie down or sit up
- pick the music
- choose whether or not they will be touched, and how, and when
- decide if they would like to have a conversation during healing time or not
Reiki sessions for kids tend to be much shorter than for adults. Kids have different attention spans and also different energetic needs, so 30-45 minutes is usually just right.
Personally I have decades of experience as nanny and now a parent to my own children. I love working with young ones and helping them feel empowered in a world that so often serves to negate their hearts.
If you are interested in Reiki healing for your child, please reach out with any questions or to schedule an appointment! I also teach in-person Reiki classes for teens and little ones, so sign up for my mailing list below to be notified as classes are scheduled.